View Single Post
Blackcat31 12:36 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by Pandaluver21:
Would you be willing to share that reminder?
Absolutely!

Dear Daycare Parents;

This is the time of year that common colds, respiratory illnesses and other winter time ailments seem to occur rather frequently. In order to prevent the continuous cycling of these illnesses, I would like to take a moment to reiterate my illness policies.

I will keep the child care environment clean, sanitized and free of germs to the best of my ability. However, in order to be as diligent as possible in eliminating continuous back and forth sharing, it is extremely important that you do your part as a parent.

When your child is feeling ill, I FULLY expect you to be proactive in doing whatever is necessary to help your child overcome their illness and be as healthy as possible. This includes keeping them home if they are not feeling well enough to participate, providing a regular bedtime allowing for adequate rest as well as eating healthy meals/snacks and keeping the on-the-go weekends to a minimum.

Should your child exhibit any of the signs or symptoms of illness while in daycare, I will notify you immediately. You will be expected to have your child picked up within 30 minutes. If you are unable to leave work, you will need to have a reliable back up provider that is able to come for your child.

If your child is not picked up within the 30 minutes of allotted time, you will be charged a late fee
of $1 per minute. Please use your best judgment when deciding if your child is well enough to attend care.

Please understand that what may seem like minor symptoms at home are increased 10 fold when in a group of other loud rambunctious children.

Also keep in mind that should your child be sent home from care, they must remain home for 48 hours AFTER symptoms reside without the use of any medications or fever reducers. Choosing to keep your child home on your own requires the standard exclusion of 24 hours symptom free.

Being part of a group childcare means doing what is best for the group as a whole. Please be considerate of this.

I fully understand that some illnesses are not preventable and I do sympathize with you when you need to take a day off to be with your child. However, when illnesses are continually passed back and forth the average amount of time off per parent is approximately 4-5 days versus having to take only one day when proactive in regards to illness.

I also want to remind everyone that I will NOT play the blame game when trying to pinpoint where an illness orginated. ALL parents work in the public sector and there are so many different ways to get and carry illnesses and germs that blaming one person is simply not acceptable or logical in anyway.

Attached is a copy of my illness policy. Please remember this policy was discussed in depth and agreed to by both parties upon enrollment. Thank you!