View Single Post
TwinKristi 01:24 PM 11-11-2013
I had a mom who seemed like a great fit, until day 1 when she brought me a 2 page letter with instructions on what to do and not to do... I don't just pop the kids in front of the TV but I have 3 boys who LOVE Mickey Mouse so once in awhile we watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse or if its a holiday they usually have a special 1 hour episode we'll watch. So this 11 month old could NOT be around TV AT ALL!! Yes, she even underlined and exclamationed it. She saw that I run my DC in my home mainly in the living room, which has a LARGE TV in it, dining room, kitchen area and back yard. She didn't think to ask me something during my interview that seemed SO important to her? I don't usually bring it up because none of my other DCPs have had a problem with the occasional Disney Jr or Sprout show. This mom was super high maintenance and I'm glad she ended up quitting her job and staying home. They were too much for me! I had another mom who wasn't ready to go back to work, and also quit her job to stay home after almost the exact same time frame as the parents above, about 6wks. Such a waste of my time!