View Single Post
Hunni Bee 06:07 PM 12-16-2015
Originally Posted by Play Care:
I honestly don't care if mom carries the child to and fro. Maybe it's because my own kids are now a bit older and I'm realizing just how quickly the time goes.

BUT, I draw a line at being expected to continue that carrying/babying. I have a mom who tries to hand off her very large 3 yo child to me each morning. I told her, my back can't take that, you can go out him in the cozy spot until he's ready to join the group.

This job can be so hard on a providers body that I do try to minimize the carrying, lifiting, up and down etc business.
Meh, me either. I realize that's their baby and that's a special time spent together in those few seconds of walking in or out. I know when I'm carrying my daughter I'm usually kissing her, talking/singing with her, smelling her hair etc lol

My kids know I'm not going to take a "hand-off" from Mom or Dad (unless they are truly upset and need a little snuggle) and that I expect independence and responsibility from them. The parents catch on a little while later