View Single Post
MissAnn 05:21 AM 12-21-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Nanny De you seriously crack me up! No, I don't 'do daycare' but I am a childcare provider. And I can definitely see what you mean from a liability and insurance point of view. But, that was never the question. If I was concerned about that, I would definitely just say that to the parent. "I need everyone to walk and not be carried for the safety of getting from the car to the house". That's not something I have ever seen as an issue, but having foresight is very prudent. If we are talking about how the parents are doing the wrong thing parenting wise, as stated in the original post and all following comments, then I have to stick with the tolerating other cultures route!
I'm the OP. Defiantly not an issue of cultural difference in my 3.5 year olds case. More of a.....I want my kid to still be a baby issue. The parents are hindering this child's development. It is making for both an unhappy child and parents. Drop offs and pick ups are full of crying, baby talk, fingers in mouth and parents giving into his every whim. As soon as they leave......I tell him to knock it off and he does.

This boy had the least self help skills I have ever seen in a typically developing 3 year old. He could not put on his shoes and had no idea how to. He did not know how to drink out of an open cup or eat with silverware. He does all of that and much more since starting here just a few months ago.

I did not mean to imply that parents who carry their kids are doing anything wrong. I shouldn't have focused on just the carrying in. it's the whole package of babying children to the point that it hinders their development.