View Single Post
Unregistered 11:49 AM 08-26-2009
I have a one year old whose both parents work in town A, I live in town B and they live in town c. Their older son is in a center in town c. These parents pass my house and pick up their son first, then backtrack to my house, then go back to town C (where they just picked up their son), just to not spend time with their one year old. This causes them at least 15 additional miles per day. The one year old is a screamer who I watch for almost 10 hours a day M-F. Also, there are MANY times that when they drop off or pick up, it is obvious by their dress, that they have not been at work that day. They show up in flip flops and shorts, and their other kid is already in the car. I feel they just don't want to spend any time with their one year old. Why have kids if you don't want to spend time with them. Before I was home, I would get me kids early every chance I could find. I couldn't wait to see them. This is also why I am now home with them. These parents also have made comments about previous DC providers not wanting to watch their kids if they are not working. They are the type of parents, who make teething excuses, when their child is clearly sick and shouldn't be in care. Anyway, just venting. It just saddens me to know that so many parents, when given the opportunity to spend with their kids, would rather take "me" time. I watch kids 10 hours a day, then have my own children 24/7. I can't remember the last time I had "me" time. I can't stand hearing parents say the need time. They spend at least 10-14 hours away from their families daily, (at least with other adults) and not screaming children.