View Single Post
JJPlaycare 10:57 AM 04-23-2010
I believe they are in the wrong since you have so clearly stated in your contract your policy regarding this, but I as well always call if a parent/child does't show up within a 1/2 hour of their scheduled time! I have only had this happen 3 times in my 5 years of childcare! The first time I called and no one answered, I felt as though something was wrong cause this is not like this family to not show up without a phone call, so I went ahead and called each parents cell phone! No answer on moms end who was the one to be dropping off the child, dad answered and went directly home because they should have been there, I soon got a phone call that mother had a seizure and was at home completely confused, bleeding due to biting her tongue, while her 3 year old was wondering around the house!! Good thing I called! Second time the mother accidently set her alarm clock for PM instead of AM and my phone call woke them all up, they made it to work, they were just late!! The third time, one of my moms had different shifts depending upon the day, so I always got her new schedule every 2 weeks and went on that based on when they would be there for the day, I called because they were not their at their certain time, turned out that she looked at her schedule wrong and was late to work, good thing I called! I guess my point is we are CAREGIVERS LOL, we not only need to take care of children, but their parents as well sometimes!! We may not be paid to do this, but it is life and I would be thankful for a phone call reminding me of somethings once and awhile myself!! I guess since you have it stated the way you do, I would make a copy and highlight in your policy where you have this stated and give it to her and she will have nothing to argue about!