View Single Post
DCMomOf3 12:09 PM 11-02-2010
Originally Posted by DEBBIES DAYCARE:
I am open from 7am-5:30. I am allowed per my state to be open 12hrs. Most of my DCP use the whole time Im opened.
To be honest I care about my DCKs and wish they can be home with their parents more. I stayed home with mine. I sacrificed and had a daycare myself so as not to miss one thing. I have babies take first steps here. Some times I dont even tell the mother so she maybe will see it that evening and think she was the first.
However......as much as I love the kids lets be honest. I am in business to make money. I am fortunate to do what I love while making it. But quite frankly its not my business what you do while your child is my care as long as I can reach you. I dont care if a parent drops off their kid and goes home and back to bed. I have a dad who goes to the gym first before pick up. I have a mom who comes with wet hair coz she took a shower at home first. Some still use my daycare on their day off.
My kids are grown. I hint to them how fast it happened. How much they can miss if they dont watch closely. But Im not in this to change the world, or to teach parents how to raise children, or to give advice or to judge. Im in this to maybe change 6 little lives for the better while I have them in my home and to make money. If you want to pay me and give me your child for the day even if your are not working or out early and miss out? Thats your loss. and my gain
I agree whole heartedly with this.