View Single Post
Preschool/daycare teacher 09:02 PM 11-05-2015
I saw one the other day with a bunch of "musts". "It must be a home daycare, you must watch them these hours, you must be located in this specific area of the town" (there's one daycare in that area she mentioned, and it's a big daycare center, which she didn't want), "I must be able to claim on my taxes"...etc. And the best: "You must have your own backup in place in case you get sick". So basically I get the impression she wants to call all the shots for a licensed home daycare. Obviously any provider she brings her children to should be counting that income on their taxes, but that's a given for a licensed home daycare. I was also thinking, "Do you realize that home daycare means IN THE PROVIDER'S HOME. And that most home daycare providers who meet the "musts" you listed would be the only one providing care for your child, so back up care would be your responsibility to find?" I mean, if the provider is sick and contagious, would she really want her child in that house, even with a different provider that day, where they could still very easily catch what the provider has?
Oh, and the rate she wanted to pay for ten hours of care in a licensed home daycare was crazy. About half of the going rate around here. I figure she won't be finding daycare for awhile.