View Single Post
childcaremom 04:30 AM 05-15-2017
Originally Posted by trix23:
I've had clients complain lately of my days off in a year for my personal days as well as my paid holidays and also now lately for late payments and that kind of thing.

I don't understand how this is even an issue because these policies are in my handbook and in my Application Documents and Contract.

I don't understand how this is a surprise. Should I say that if they're going to push back on policies they will be termed?

Do any of you allow leeway on payments if client says they didn't get paid on time or something like that? Or is it all rules apply to everybody regardless of circumstances? Did you do things differently in the beginning then you do now? And if so what would you start out with if you were starting now knowing what you know now?
Generally, I stick to my policies all the time. However, if I was in need of having the space filled and having the money, I could be a bit more lenient in some areas.

However, payment would not be one of those areas. I expect to be paid on time and in full. I have late fees to discourage late payments and def. would not want to keep a client who repeatedly pays late. Especially this early in the relationship.

One suggestion would be to keep charging the late fees. I would be advertising to replace asap. This client does not value you or the care her child is receiving or else she would have the money for you.

I've had a few clients who signed and agreed to the terms and then broke and questioned lots of policies. I had the same reaction as you: You just signed the documents and agreed to follow them.... what gives? I eventually just told them, as per my policies.... x y and z. And that was the end of the discussion.

Then I replaced. Parents who are that much work are not my ideal clients.