View Single Post
Mom2Two 04:50 PM 05-17-2017
Sometimes I think about putting together a handout of frugal-living tips and recipes--and I mean really, really frugal tips like how to live on potatoes, dry beans, egg and and how to make a fryer chicken stretch for a week of dinners--because what most people mean when they say they are having money problems is that they didn't prepare well for reality or that they have allowed other, unnecessary, expenses and commitments to eat up their income. Most people aren't really that short on money as they think. They just don't have as much money as they WISH they had, or they aren't working hard enough at being smart and frugal.

I would say don't be the weak link. If a family is truly short on money, they will probably qualify for state assistance. If they don't qualify for that, then don't own it. It's not your problem. Let them learn their lessons. Don't be the weak link.

I remember the mom who used to hint that she was short on money and that she wouldn't mind inheriting DS's toddler clothing (which I wanted to keep for daycare emergencies). But she is one of the last dcp's who I allowed to facebook friend, and she would often post pics of her out with her girl friends buying mixed drinks etc. She could easily have bought clothing with what she was spending at bars. Blah!