View Single Post
e.j. 12:05 PM 08-24-2017
Originally Posted by finsup:
I've got one leaving that I've had since he was 2 months old. I printed off all the photos I have of him here from the start and tomorrow we'll work as a group to cut them smaller and make a scrap book for him. Then a special treat snack in the afternoon. I almost went with a photo book but this way really gets everyone involved and it will be fun for them to look back at the last 4 years. And fun for the younger ones to see what we did before they were even born lol.
I take pictures of the kids throughout their time here. When they leave for good, I download their pictures to Shutterfly and make a photo album for them. I put the album in a tote bag along with a copy of the book, "The Night Before Preschool". I also include crayons or markers and a drawing pad. If there's something special from the day care they've formed an attachment to, I will sometimes put that in their bag, too, if it won't be missed by anyone else.

I love the idea of making a scrap book with the kids! I used to hand make photo albums for my kids but Shutterfly makes it so easy to do. The scrap book feels much more personal, though, and the kids love looking at pictures and talking about their memories. I may have to give some thought to using that idea if you don't mind.