View Single Post
Crystal 07:17 AM 01-05-2011
ITA that you need a client with regularly scheduled hours, as this clearly isnpt working for you. I don't think you have done anything wrong, I just question wether or not you will be able to make her pay the final two weeks that she doesn't attend if you change the times that YOU are available.

I am sorry for double posting here and on the other thread, I just want to make sure Tom sees it nd that you recieve the accurate information based on the whole story, not just the bit about the last contract.

So, here is my post from the other thread so Tom sees what I am referring too:

Maybe I am misunderstanding this post:

She thought she could just stay on 3 days when I spoke with her this am, BUT she said her hrs would still be all over the place. I told her the problem is the days and times each week change, and I just cannot schedule anyone else in case she needs it. Then she says "well your policy says you are open 630-430" and I am not familiar with "contracted" hrs, as this is a new concept to me, so I didnt know how to answer it, so I said my rate was based "up to" 8 hrs and clients can choose which hrs they want within that time frame, but it doesnt mean you can come 630-430 for the same rate. Then I said I am now only offering care until 230pm m-f and that any new clients coming in are paying a higher rate too. So then she said well I dont know if I can stay anyway then because I need care until 4 on some days. I told her staying until 4 would have to be approved based on my availability and that is something I cannot guarentee if it is going to vary. Is there any other way of explaining "contracted" hrs? At this point I think I just want her gone

It sounds like she was originally contracted for variable hours, based on her schedule, and some of those days pick up would be as late as 4:30. YOU then told her that YOU were changing those hours to the latest pick up being 2:30 because you have other things to attend to and cannot count on her hours being the same, so you were setting it to where YOU would not be inconvenienced by HER changing schedule, that YOU agree to work with in the first place. So, if that is right, you did change the contract, verbally and breeched the original contract.

If I am misunderstanding, my apologies, but that is what it sounds like to me.