Thread: Lingering
View Single Post
Josiegirl 02:16 AM 02-28-2020
Oh boy I can relate. I had a couple lingerers that would stick around and chat with each other as if I wasn't even there while their kids took advantage and ran amok.
I was terrible at confrontation. I do like BC's approach but does it handle the issue long term? Because we all know parents don't take the hint.
I think I would send home a newsletter and tell them(but direct it to no one in particular) what the issue is, the reasons why you need drop off and pick up as quick as possible, then tell them how you're going to implement it.
Then enforce it.
It's hard to do. Trust me, I know. I had 1 dcf who'd come in, bring the 2 older sisters and then all 4 of their girls would be back to playing, running around. It wasn't good. But it was all my fault for allowing it. Drop off was almost just as bad when dcm would bring the girls in, they'd beg for a story from dcm, or play ring around the rosie and dcm always complied. I used to get so dang irritated because of course it distracted the other dcks and many times they were already sitting down for breakfast. Oh boy, the memories..... Kids learn, early on, just how much they can play their parents, and that's exactly what your dcg is doing. Dcm needs to regain some of her control, as do you.