View Single Post
countrymom 08:13 AM 05-31-2011
Originally Posted by mrs.meg:
I agree with you all, it is crazy! I have problems with sugar myself and I know how addictive it is. I try to stay away from it because when I eat it, that is all I want.

Also, the price of groceries has gone up so high that I either needed to raise my rates or cut out a meal. I cook breakfast a lot for my kids because they like having eggs and "real" food. I once served biscuits to all the kids and the dcg that I watched acted like it was bugs or something. She says they don't eat biscuits at her house. Her dad says she eats them all the time, but my guess is it is from McDonald's or DQ. I can't compete with that, I put ground flax and WW flour, so everything here is "brown" I had to start buying white bread because they do not eat brown! So, it seems that everything they eat is either processed/refined sugar. They do not even like it when I bake cookies or brownies because they don't come out of a wrapper!!!
I had a boy who was 5 at the time, so I was making pizza from scratch. So as I was making the dough he asks me what I'm doing, and I tell him I'm making the dough for the pizza. He tells me thats not how to make pizza, you need to call and order it and its done for you. Boy did I have a good laugh.
I have to agree with kids not eating homemade stuff, my own children love the fact that i bake stuff all the time (yesterday I made double brownies and they were hidden in the microwave so dh wouldn't eat them) but my daycare kids like to pick at things. Unless it comes from the freezer or from a can kids now a days have no idea what good healthy food is.