View Single Post
Country Kids 01:18 PM 02-24-2012
Ok, I've been back to fulltime childcare about a year now. I had to go back for financial reasons for my family. Thinking back I think everything happened very fast for a reason but too fast for me personally. I have posted every now and then how I really like my job but this last year has just been over the top hard!!!! I have 4-6 children on a daily basis and seriously none of them seem to get along. This is the first group every that I have had like this and I so feel myself aging from the stress of this one certain group.

Below is a list of problems that I've been faced with from this group. No matter what I do/the parents do, the kids just seriously either don't understand what we are saying or could care less. Is it just me or has anyone else had an entire group this way? They are ages 2-3 and all going up to the next age in the next few months. The majority are 3 years old.

Running inside-tell them 100 times a day not to do this

Screaming/Yelling-Alot of this happens at the table! Again a daily thing that they don't seem to understand. One of them is the main ring leader on this and has been timed out over and over again.

Telling Me No-A few have been doing this over the year. Again, concequences don't matter.

Toy Hoarding-All of them to the point I have taken all the toys away. I give them one basket a day but they start the hoarding or literally fighting over the toys.

Not sitting on bottoms at tables-one child actually almost lost a few teeth when they fell and hit the table with their mouth! Every single day, I have to tell them to sit on their bottoms.

Arguing/tattling over every single thing-Another one where is the majority of them.

Not being able to settle down for naps-one in particular that is actually by my side during nap. Talks, sings, yells at the top of their lungs. If I get up to get something, child is immediately up and running around or trying to get others up.

Out of Control while in kitchen-when I go to the kitchen which is connected to the schoolroom all pandomonem breaks out. I'm literally 10 feet from them during this time.

Any ideas? Let me just say I can't cut my numbers-it wouldn't be worth me doing this if I did that. I can't hire an assistant-financially wouldn't be worth it-I can only have 6 children. This is all up to me. My husband is actually floored by these kids behaviors and can't believe they act this way.

I have very involved active parents. Always willing to help me with behavior issues or whatever but the kids just don't understand it or get it. Also, all the children are only children or the youngest with at least 8+ years between them and the next sibling. I'm wondering if they are overstimulated here? I see these children out and they are all very well behaved for their parents and actually don't act out at all with them. One of them will always tuck there head when I see them out like a shy child would. I'm at a loss though, but refuse for as long as I've done this job to be taken down by 2 and 3 year olds-