View Single Post
daycare 07:28 PM 02-28-2012
Something that works for me when everyone gets too wound up is individual play. Everyone picks a toy, assign them each an area (as far apart as possible), and don't let them move from that area. Once they seem to be all calmed down, we try to play together. If it doesn't work, we go back to individual play.

above is great advice....about 6 years ago I recall having to buy play mats. The kids were terrible to each other and I could not take it. I went to the dollar tree and bought these cheesy door mats. When the kids were going nuts I put the mats down and told each kid same as PP. Get one toy and go sit on your mat. It took almost 2 full weeks of this before I would allow for them to get off of their mat and start to interact with each other. I would take note of how they were playing with the toys. Playing gentle, rough, violent, and etc.

Then once I saw how each played, I quickly figured out who would play well with who and those that would not. I let the ones that I thought play well together join each other first. Then a day later I added one more and one more and so on. IF at any time someone could not get along with the group, back to their mat they went.

Eventually I termed one after a full month of the mats and individual to group play. This kid just could not get it and took everyone else down with him like a bad virus.

I really hope that you try some of these out and see if they work for you. If I were you I would be doing all that I could.

I hate to see you unhappy.... We all have to help you out with as many ideas as possible until you find something that works