Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
saved4always 04:48 AM 07-12-2012
Originally Posted by rhondawarren:
GM Everyone!

Gotta love providing childcare on weeks like this one. I had gotten a little frustrated with the whole babysitting because, it seemed like I got people that did not want to pay, their kids did not listen or ... a mixture of both. So I actually backed off on posting childcare ads and just continued babysitting the one little boy that I have had for almost a year. I am also working my own business online so I backed off from babysitting a little to work more on that. Well I decided to go ahead and post another babysitting ad just to fill a spot or two earn a little extra cash since I was home anyways ...

I had a new little girl start yesterday morning. I agreed to get up at 5am so that I could watch her at 6am every morning. She came yesterday and everything was fine. I was suppose to watch her in the morning and then my regular little boy was suppose to come yesterday too. The little girl left at 10am as scheduled but still no little boy ... So I text his mom at noon. Didnt hear anything back, so at about 2:30p I text his dad. So he finally text me back at 3pm and says oh ... Im sorry did I forget to text you, he wont be coming today because he is going to his cousins to play. The frustrating part is that I had things to do for my online business and couldnt go and get those done because I was home waiting on him to show up.

Well this morning I get up at 5am, shower and head downstairs ready to babysit the new little girl that would be here at 6am. I get a call at 5:55am letting me know that she will not be here until 9am (now our agreed schedule for this little girl is 6am - 10am). So her mom says I was going to call you last night but I didnt. Then she says well her dad will call you this morning and talk to you for sure to let you know for sure what time but, I think he will be there around 9am, so you can go back to bed if you want. I said I said I am sorry but I cannot "go back to bed" now I have already had my shower and gotten ready. I explained to her that it would have been nice to know this the night before. Then she again apoligized. She said that she should be here at 9am. So I said if she is coming at 9am then when do you all think you are picking her up? She said oh .... I guess around noon or so. Now I already had plans to run some errands for things I needed to get done once she was picked up at noon because I had no more kids for the rest of the day.

That is soooo frustrating! I cannot wait until I get my business up and going so I wont have to deal with babysitting anymore. Its getting pretty frustrating when people cant even tell you the truth or do something you agree upon. Ugh!

Anyways .... thats my vent for the morning!

Now ... Im waiting to see if she is actually going to be here at 9am.
I am sorry you have had a rough couple days. That is one of the worst when you get up extra early for someone and they don't show up. I value every minute of sleep so I would be upset, too. I hope the one yesterday has to pay you even since they were a no call, no show. That is just rude of both of them. Unfortunately, nobody values our time the way we do. I hope your day gets better and that your online business is a huge success!