View Single Post
storybookending 06:42 PM 03-22-2018
I have seen providers on here state they put in their contracts that there will be no correspondence after closing time and that they reply in the morning, if at all. I might adopt this in the future if I ever am in the position where I would have to take on a client I do not have a previous personal relationship with. Right now as a rule I only take on families that I know personally before hand or know someone that I know personally really really well to where I trust their judgement. Perks of doing daycare in a small town. This kind of stuff was the stuff that I hated growing up. You couldn’t do anything without someone you know getting word back to parents, teachers etc.. but I kind of love it now.

Heck one of my daycare moms just left my house and it’s 8:30PM. She’s been here since 5:17 as she was parked down the block, watched her husband pick up her child and drive away before pulling into my yard so the child wouldn’t see her and get confused. My other moms I am not as close with but will occasionally send an after hours text but it’s always for something important like “Johnny is puking, won’t be there tomorrow” or last night I got a “SA kids have early dismissal later this week that I forgot about can I drop Sally off a little after noon and pick her up when I come to get Billy” sort of thing. I am also single and live alone so dcps texting and messing up family time isn’t an issue for me.

If it is getting to the point where it is bothering you you can implement a new policy that all texts sent after closing time will not be replied to until the morning.