View Single Post
Lyss 08:16 AM 07-04-2013
Originally Posted by Hunni Bee:
Okay...I tried it.

The one person that responded (actually one of the moms who I hoped would see it) directed me to Once Upon A Child- a children's thrift/consignment store for those who aren't familiar. I want to hope she misunderstood my intention and wasn't saying "stop begging on Facebook" in a roundabout way, which was why I was hesitant to do in the first place....

I thanked her and politely reiterated what I meant, sooo...

I did say in the original post that I was willing to buy the items btw
Maybe she was just trying to help suggest good places? Or maybe that's where she just sold her baby stuff too? in our area its the only secondhand kids shop that buys, rather than consignment, so a lot of people I know take stuff there first. Personally I think Once Upon a Child is a bit overpriced (at least for what it offers in my area) because of this, the other kids consignment stores in town are much more reasonable.

I don't think its begging at all! Baby stuff is only useful for a short period but people like to stock up or get tons as gifts. Some local consignment stores here wont even take 0-6mo sizes except very occasionally because the get so much of it. I gave away a bunch to a friend on fb (I don't trust craigslist anymore, the last person "in need" showed up I a Lexus SUV ) and still have more I'm trying to get rid of (larger sizes).

Don't feel bad! Maybe you'll get some messages from other friends on Facebook today!