Thread: CDA, Worth It?
View Single Post
melilley 12:17 PM 07-08-2013
Originally Posted by Play Care:
I have my AA in Lib Arts, and am taking classes to get my AA in Early Childhood (eventually to have my BA in elementary/special ed) BUT that is obviously taking some time I have the opportunity to get my CDA in half the time it usually takes (30 hours opposed to 90 - still not sure about the logistics as they have an information session next month) I'm worried as I don't want to take time away from my main goal (getting my degree) At the same time I think being able have a fresh look into my program and being able to advertise that I have both an AA as well as a CDA (even in the AA isn't in EC) would be a huge boon for my program.

So for those who have done it, was it worth it? Did you gain any insight? Does it help attract clients? Would you do it again?
I earned my AAS in child development and received my CDA first just because back when I earned my degree, all of the classes for a CDA counted towards my degree anyways so I just went through with it so I had something until I earned my degree.
I would not get it again because my degree is higher than the CDA so it wouldn't matter if I had the CDA or not.