View Single Post
Blackcat31 10:09 AM 10-11-2013
Originally Posted by Leanna:
So what do you guys do with all of the "Can I pay you next week because we had to get a part for the car?" "It is a tight month...can you hold the check for a week?" and etc. etc.

"I'm sorry to hear that. The late fee still applies though as I have a car (or fill in the blank) to pay for too."

I want to be understanding but at the same time, why is day care the one area where some parents feel it is ok to cut cost corners/pay late/get free service and then pay? I have families who pay me every Friday, no questions ask and then I have a couple where it is always something.

I make sure parents know UPON ENROLLMENT that I DO understand that life happens and I DO feel empathy for them when stuff happens beyond their control but it still isn't MY responsibility. Like you said....it's always daycare that gets put at the bottom of the list for things to pay.

The way I look at it, is you can still go to work if they shut off your power but you can't go to work if you don't have someone to care for your child.

Also, what about those families that DO always pay with no issues. If they asked just once or twice a year if they could pay late due to hardship so you allow it or do you stick to your policy no matter what?
The families that have built a long standing relationship with me and have always been good about paying me DO get "special" treatment but ONLY if I am in the position to do so. I will never let someone else's situation be MORE important than what I have going on financially....but I have made payment exceptions in the past for those "golden" that show respect and consideration for what I do.