View Single Post
MunchkinWrangler 11:54 AM 05-16-2016
Wow, I do have very respectful parents! Nobody ever comes during naptime and never unannounced if it is not their normal time. I would stress that it's not just their child being disrupted, it's the others as well. I also say that if I get complaints from the other parents for a cranky child they'll lose their spot. I basically have an unwritten rule that if one family is doing things to disrupt another family and I have to hear about it, I won't put up with it.

Parents can get their children whenever they want but I stress that naptime pickups are greatly discouraged unless it's unavoidable. So far, I haven't had problems and I will separate in the one instance I had for a naptime pickup.

The cranky child will be put to bed at least for a short nap. The gate being left open, I would write a policy about it and say it needs to be closed as that is respect to your property and a rule of your home. Call them out, tell them it's rude. Tell them why you want it closed, yes things like this need to be spelled out for them. That should end it.