View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 01:18 PM 06-16-2016
I had finished making my own curriculum and realized that it was way too jam packed with stuff so I tossed it and decided to start ALL OVER AGAIN with less to do and even more open-play and play-based activities. I plan on having it be progressive and simple so that each daycare kid can do both the same activity but at their own developmental ability and also have some personalized activities just for them to help them improve. I've decided that the bulk of my curriculum will be focused on social-emotional activities (taking turns, waiting for their turn, manners, respect, right and wrong, positive behavior etc).

I just got a new daycare kid a little more than a month ago with an IEP and some behavioral problems who has been keeping me busy and it's clear that the behavior doesn't have anything to do with his special needs, the problems have more to do with the child doing the behavior because it has worked for him to get results. I seem to be getting more and more children like this so it's time to simplify the day and focus on simple activities that reinforce good citizenship.