View Single Post
Annalee 09:49 AM 04-09-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Until young couples stop expecting to have kids on year two of marriage, live in McMansions, join the best gyms, wear designer clothing, eat out weekly, take annual two-week vacations and drive new vehicles before they have paid off student loans, built nest eggs, saved emergency funds and earned some seniority at work, it probably won't last very long. When that died, so did the SAHM era.

Also, as a mother of sons I don't want their wives at home full-time while they slave away and miss everything and are accused of never helping out or understanding. The wives would miss out learning to be self-sufficient and whole and will eventually resent it, anyway. An overworked husband cannot meet the emotional or social needs of a woman with no other people or activities in her life. Also, It feels amazing to know that if something happened to your husband, you can make it alone. I don't want to take that away.

I would love it if they could each simply work fewer, staggered hours so each has time alone caring for their children and home, then they could have their nights and weekends as a family. A true marriage and partnership. I mean, if they let me run the world and all.
Yes, yes and yes!