View Single Post
Sunshine69 07:33 AM 04-28-2020
I’m still open. Attendance is down but clients are still paying as they are getting paid to stay home.

I’m not taking drop-ins for now. The one I had was a pain and it was a project to get paid, too. I’m not missing that. I encouraged parent to use this time to find another provider, but nope. I don’t think anyone else wants to put up with them either.

I still have no idea when parents will go back to work or when school will open. I’m not looking forward to it.

In my state, we have to wear masks whenever we’re within 6 feet of anyone so that means all providers and children over 2 in daycare. The only masks I can find are homemade. I hope parents will be able to provide masks for their kids when they come back because that is not another responsibility I plan to take on. The cost of doing business is making it not worth it.

I’m still trying to work out how we will have meals. Obviously difficult with a face mask. I don’t have the room to keep the kids 6 feet apart and feeding in shifts is gonna take me the whole day with the dawdlers.

Kids are doing schoolwork at home and parents are overseeing them. I hope they don’t expect the same of me because they will be disappointed. I have two one-year old twins that are into climbing. Can’t take your eyes off them for a second.