View Single Post
jenboo 06:03 AM 05-12-2020
Originally Posted by 284878:
I am weeks away from having families return and I am debating on a few changes.

Currently, I have the dcp text (as their electronic signature) when they arrive and I go out to exchange the kids. The kids that are all over 2 and I only have one family a day.

I have been checking temps outside and doing a health check before the DCK goes inside. (I have to admit, I am really liking not having DCP in my house.)

Anyway, when more kids start back up, I will have up to 3 families a day with 3 different drop off times (730, 830, 1130). With 2 kids under 2. (1 under 1)

How can I continue my outside exchange safely?

Do you require kids to wear face mask or coverings? If so, what is your policy for this? Who supplies? Should DCK practices at home first? Where do you get mask?

Do you wear a mask all day too?
Is your daycare space near your front door? Could the parents walk their children up to the front door vs you walking all the way outside?

No one wears a mask in my home. Just my opinion, but I would not send my child if he was required to wear a mask at daycare.

I also don't see young children keeping them on all day without constantly messing with them. What about when they are running around outside and eating? Wouldn't everyone already be getting exposed during those times anyway?