View Single Post
Sunshine69 07:17 AM 05-16-2020
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
NYS provider here. Cuomo is RIDICULOUS. All upstaters hate him.

We are doing drop off and pick ups outside on the porch. Temp checks, hand washing (I am cleaning the temporal thermometer and washing hands in between each child). Having child immediately wash hands. Sanitize bathroom between uses.

Also doing weekly sanitizing DAILY.

I REFUSE to wear a mask all day. My daycare kids aren't required to as they aren't in public (but I am??)
Ugh! I hear you. It makes absolutely no sense at all. Childcare providers need to wear a mask all day but the kids can share their germs all over my home and family. I feel so appreciated as an “essential worker” NOT!

I don’t understand the logic behind the recommendation of changing gloves between no-touch temperature taking. These kids are touching each other all day long. Seems like a ridiculous waste of money and supplies for gloves. I already have to use two pair just to change a diaper, according to state regs.

At the market rates set by NY, paid in my county, I can’t afford the extra expenses of the gloves and masks at the current gouged prices.

It’s no wonder there’s such a “shortage” of child care providers. I’ve had six different licensors since 2016. Even they can’t stand the job while getting government benefits 😂