View Single Post
dolores 10:01 AM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by Sunshine69:
Ugh! I hear you. It makes absolutely no sense at all. Childcare providers need to wear a mask all day but the kids can share their germs all over my home and family. I feel so appreciated as an “essential worker” NOT!

I don’t understand the logic behind the recommendation of changing gloves between no-touch temperature taking. These kids are touching each other all day long. Seems like a ridiculous waste of money and supplies for gloves. I already have to use two pair just to change a diaper, according to state regs.

At the market rates set by NY, paid in my county, I can’t afford the extra expenses of the gloves and masks at the current gouged prices.

It’s no wonder there’s such a “shortage” of child care providers. I’ve had six different licensors since 2016. Even they can’t stand the job while getting government benefits 😂

You're right. A lot of it makes no sense. If only the people who are making these rules can spend a day in the life of a provider they'll see the rules aren't helpful at all.
Did you apply for the CARES Materials Grant Application for Licensed Child Care Providers?