View Single Post
Soccermom 05:11 AM 05-05-2014
Has anyone ever done this or are currently doing this?

This year my closing time has been 5h15pm because I have one family who requires it.

I say I close at 5h15 but most DCPs pick up AT 5h15 so really I close at 5h30.

Problem is - most DCFS can easily pick up at 4h30 but choose to pick up at 5h15 because they can. ( I have one DCM who used to pick up at 4h30-4h45 at the latest but when I put opening and closing times on her contract this year, she started picking up at the very last minute - DS has a disability and requires extra care so it would be nice if she picked up as soon as possible KWIM?

I am considering changing my closing time to 4h45pm when my contracts end in June but I have to remain open until 5h15 for this one DCF. ( It is a small town so they will all find out that I am staying open later for this one family and be angry.)

I was thinking of encouraging the parents who can pick up early to pick up early by enforcing a 10$ added charge for families needing care past 4h45pm. (I would not charge the one DCF who actually needs me to be open until 5h15 but would not disclose that)

I could also go in the other direction and do a 10$ savings for every week a family picks up before 4h45pm every day.

What do you ladies think?