View Single Post
Unregistered 04:52 AM 04-29-2017
My school age kids always love:

Making God's Eyes-I use two tongue depressors and connect them in the center with yarn. I use variegated yarn for the to use so it's colorful. They love them and they are easy enough but engaging.

Those perler bead projects. I have a big bin of beads and about 10 shapes to choose from. They work and work on them and yes I have to iron them! I know there's a new kind you don't iron but they are more expensive.

I have a couple rubbing sets ( Barbie and Batman) where they take different panels and make different pictures and rub with sides of crayons that the paper has been removed.

I save lids from cans (I have a pampered chef can opener - no rough edges. Used to use juice lids but I don't buy much juice anymore ). I have a bin of puffy paint. Kids decorate lid and then when dry we put a magnet in the back.

I do an easy weekly theme too and they always seem to like what the preschoolers are doing.
Strawberry week
Ice cream week-make ice cream in a bag!
Sand week
Bubble week
Root bear week
Etc.

I like the board game idea! Simplicity! I have fond memories of playing Life, Headache, Monopoly, etc. as a kid!

Our small town has an Earth day celebration and one of the options is fairy gardens. They collect all kinds of times from garage sales-figurines, beads, wooden items, jewels etc. really cute and cheap. So that's another fairy garden option.