View Single Post
Thriftylady 05:18 PM 04-22-2016
Originally Posted by NightOwl:
So many for Sanders and so few for Clinton and Trump. I've been seeing this all over the news reports, how Sanders is so vigorously supported, but it's not showing up as strongly in the polls.

But I think I know why. He has the young vote. I mean, the really young vote. My 17 yo dd and the majority of her graduating, soon to be turning 18 class, are devout Bernie supporters. They go to the rallies, the support him at the poling places, they display the signs and bumper stickers, etc. I've never seen a generation so young be so involved in politics.

If enough of these kids turn voting age before nomination time, we may have a riot on our hands at the DNC if Hillary is nominated. Just an observation.
My daughter is 17, will be 18 at the election. By Ohio law she was allowed to vote in the primary, for the presidential part only. She won't vote for him! But she is like her dad and I, VERY conservative. We are all Republicans, but none of us want anything to do with Trump. It is actually almost a family problem right now, who will we vote for? DD has a study hall at school since she has an online college class (she is limited to 30 credit hours a year and HS classes count). She says they have been having many debates in study hall. I am glad to hear our young people are interested. I thought it was awesome that their government teacher went and got the voter registration forms for them, and turned them in for those who would be 18 in time for the election and wanted to register. He had to go to another town to do it. Actually maybe I will send him a nice email, when teachers go above and beyond I like to tell them. But anyway the real point is that I am glad the younger generation does find it important.