View Single Post
Controlled Chaos 10:43 PM 04-23-2016
Originally Posted by Laurel:

This is so good! She is my back-up candidate.
I thought of you all today. I spent all day at the state convention. We picked our party's governor candidate and senate and house candidates. It was so awesome to spend the day with so many people who care so deeply about our state and country's future.

Trump- he speaks from such a place of hate. That scares me. My Muslim refugee friends do not even hate the people who killed their family members back in Iraq. They pray for them. Policy should start form a place of love not of hate and fear. a wall Mexico will never pay for is not a well thought out plan in my opinion.

I vote for candidates who trust doctors to make the right choice with their patients regarding birth control, abortion and medical marijuana. I am Catholic, but my faith is my own and i would never put my faith onto someone else's body.
Candidates who will legislate for equal pay for equal work.
Paid maternity leave. (I know too many mommas who had to return to work after less than a month)
Expanding Medicare in states that didn't originally. My husband has epilepsy, his medication has been more than or rent for much of our relationship. How can we build and save towards a future paying $800+ a month for his medicine WITH insurance!?
LGBT rights and protections. As a bisexual this is close to my heart.
There is more, but I am tired

Thank you all for participating in this discussion.