Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
PB&J 11:24 AM 11-14-2020
Originally Posted by VictoryCare:
I am home based, I give the big plastic bins filled with art, science, math ,reading etc based toys relating to each age group and they play with those toys in zones set up throughout the daycare from their own personal bins throughout the day, and those toys are rotated and washed on a regular basis. I have an assistant that helps me break the children up.into smaller groups to take outside and disperse throughout the daycare to keep socially distant as much as possible. I try to explain all this to the children as much as possible. So far, it is working well. I rid the daycare of those who do not wish to comply, meaning parents, and make sure to strictly enforce the guidelines every day
I guess this is going to be the one recommendation I fail at. I have 22 DC kids and simply do not have 22 spots all six feet apart from each other. And, with the kids here about 50 hours a week, they do want to be TOGETHER.

We have the same kids every day and don’t allow drop in care, so if each family takes it seriously then ... their kids will just play, eat, sleep together each day, not six feet apart. We do follow the other recommendations, and have made some environmental changes. Each news story about the uptick in numbers shows me it’s coming ever closer. I hope these families stay home for Thanksgiving.