View Single Post
permanentvacation 11:33 AM 03-30-2012
I agree with MarinaVanessa, but also,

When shopping - even if I have no plan to buy daycare stuff that trip, I go to the baby and children's aisle. I walk up and down til someone comes near me then I sort of say to myself - outloud of course- "the daycare kids will love this!" and put it in my cart - even if I put it right back in a few minutes!! A couple of times I have gotten a new kid out of it! The person who was shopping asked me if I worked at a daycare center. I told them I own a home daycare and quickly told them some of the things I do with the kids then gave them a business card which lead to being hired!

Even if you work at home and don't wear them during work hours, you can buy yourself company tee-shirts with your daycare name and phone number on them to wear. I wear them when I go shopping, out on a walk in my neighborhood, to the park, the library, etc.

You can also get shirts for your current daycare kids - there's no guarentee, but they might wear them sometimes when they are out with their parents at the park, shopping, etc.

You can give parents car stickers that say "My child goes to ... Daycare and the phone number" on the stickers. Not everyone will want to tell the world where their child goes for safety reasons, but some might be comfortable putting them on their cars.