View Single Post
tenderhearts 04:20 PM 11-16-2010
I have a just turned 10 mo old dcb. He is not the best napper and has really not ever been. With the advise from others here I made naps at the same time every day and made sure he stayed in there for the duration of the naps if he woke up, which is what I've been doing. I have no problems with morning naps, he naps about 1 1/2 - 2 hours, usually closer to the 1 & 1/2 with usually Mondays being the closer to the 2 hour. Afternoon naps though is usually about 50 min - 1 hour, with maybe a few times since doing this for about a month an 1 1/2 but usually it's about an hour. I know at home he then goes down and like 6:30 bedtime and then obviously wakes before morning. I was wondering do you think it would be wise to change him to 1 nap? or do you think he's too young for that? I thought maybe instead of putting him down at 8:30 I would keep him up later like 11:30???? and hope he sleeps for longer??? Or is this theory not good??? All my babies have been pretty good nappers not like him. Just a thought.