View Single Post
Blackcat31 03:11 PM 06-03-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Im a little bit more than irritated about this. Can they actually get away with this crap? Is there anything I can do about it?

Thanks for your time,
Daniel
What you can do is make a complaint to your licensing department. Whether it will be investigated or not is something I cannot answer but I do know that every complaint about a center or home is kept on file where I live. I would advise you to thouroughly read your contract and find out what it says about termination by the center and what they must do in order to term you. If your contract says they can term for whatever they feel is warranted, then it would be pointless for you to pursue it because you agreed to those terms. If it says they are required to give you notice and they didn't, then you could possibly hold them accountable by taking them to small claims court.

However, I must caution you that in situations like this it is going to be your word against theirs and the only facts the judge will probably look at are written documentation which I am betting they will have. I suggest that you simply move on and find a new child care provider, whether it be a home based or center provider is your call but try to find one that you can have an open line of communication with so in tough or sticky situations you both will feel respected and listened to.