View Single Post
CityGarden 09:40 AM 05-03-2018
For my program our printer has to be COLOR!

I replaced a personal use Canon printer for a HP printer with Instant Ink due to cost savings. I have the highest plan and love that I never need to think about ink.... I also never have to pay extra with the plan I have & if I don't use that many pages one month they roll over...

I also considered this Brother Color Laser Printer which has a fast print speed, holds a lot more paper than my HP printer, and the print quality is nice ---- It is $200+ and toner is expensive ($60-$70 per color) when it needs to be replaced so I have held off on the purchase of it.

Comparing the two cost wise with HP Instant Ink I get 300 pages color or black and white does not matter for $10 per month ($120 per year) which is not an amount that impacts my budget at all. With the Brother Color Laser I assume the cost per page is less but replacing the toners all at once (based on the prices at Best Buy) is about $240 + tax which would be felt in the budget. Also the initial purchase prince of the Color Laser is more expensive.

I do think at some point if I continue in this business, I will likely invest in a color laser because they print so fast and don't bleed like ink jet printers but I do think my budget will feel it more. In the meantime I am enjoying my HP with Instant Ink and not ever having to think do I have ink when my dd has a last minute homework assignment or I need to print something for my business.