View Single Post
MrsSteinel'sHouse 10:59 AM 09-11-2013
Well, I feel like I am still on summer break right now I fully planned to have a plan for this week .. but well, it is hot out so water play afternoons have been in effect. We have been reading lots because I got like 40 books from scholastic right before I left for vacation. Counting, singing, welcoming back our friends. I feel like since I got the twins (after Christmas...) I haven't gotten a thing done! They tear things off the walls and board so I haven't been doing elaborate boards.
I do enjoy a good theme, so do the kids... hopefully, next week will bring that I just feel like it takes me all day just to get the necessities, like pottying done! I keep thinking the twins will stop dumping and settle in one of these days... I love them, they are just a handful! They can never be unsupervised for a moment! They are 2 1/2.
Right now I have just turned 4 yr old, two almost 3 yr olds, 2 1/2 twins, and 1 1/2 yr old. I also have another almost 4 yr old and another 1 1/2 yr old that rotate days. So I always have to be aware of items that 1 1/2 yr olds shouldn't have and twins will put in their mouths. They are still very fixated on everything going in their mouths!! Which means that things that I would love to just "have out" can't be out.
OK done with my vent.
Blackcat, I can see where your heading My compromise is that when I can I sneak in elements of "preschool" with older ones. So some mornings I will have 4 yr old and almost 3 yr old girl and we will work on a "project" or play a game, or file folders. Or if they are the last ones here I will do something "special" with them. I keep things handy I am working on making felt pizza parts so I can set up a pizza shop but there again probably not when the twins are here... but they don't get here until 10:30 most days.