View Single Post
Sumshine 06:03 AM 02-02-2017
Originally Posted by debbiedoeszip:
I would be terminating. If I couldn't terminate (do you work for a center?), then I'd be shadowing and keeping him away from the other children. His words may not leave bruises but they are still harmful to the other children. Basically, it's verbal abuse.
When I was a daycare parent and not a provider if I would have walked into my son's daycare and heard that more than once or twice (I know kids are kids and sometimes say odd ball things they pick up from their environment) I would be questioning if I should be sending my son anymore for fear of him potentially actually getting hurt!

I get that kids sometimes push, bite, etc but if a child was consistently talking about hurting somebody's head or violent Acts I would be concerned.

If nothing I was trying worked, the parents aren't helpful about the situation, outsiders are beginning to make comments, and I wasn't able to get things done the way I typically should then I wouldn't know what to do! I would personally have to be done!

Or tell DCP they need to be stressing this outside of daycare or else you will be done. Say that he is beginning to get out of control with his verbal threats and that discussing cops and other inappropriate shows is not acceptable in your daycare environment there for parents need to be sure to either stop letting him watch it or have a conversation with him about what we watch isn't real and we don't talk that way at daycare! I'd personally guilt them into some how seeing he is becoming a threat and you've done what you can but now it's their turn to back you up and if beavhoir doesn't improve in 2 weeks you'll be done.