View Single Post
daycarediva 10:19 AM 12-07-2017
Originally Posted by Ariana:
Do they live in a basement apartment? Sometimes that can be the culprit as basements are generally wetter.

I currently have a child that smells like mosquito repellant. It is really weird because its winter here so no bugs. I am trying to figure it out. Its very strong and does not smell like any kind of detergent I have ever smelled before. They moved this weekend so I hope she comes back this week smelling different.
Did the bomb their house/apartment? I had a family years ago who did and brought the kid in clothes that REEKED of big spray type smell. I was gagging. Mom laughed it off, but I had to bag the clothes and put them outside and air out the house.

I have a child who smells similar now. He's drop in, and it honestly makes me not want to be near him. I have the ability to change his clothes and wash them though, so I haven't said anything. Dad did bring it up once though, said Mom puts the clothes in the washer in the morning and transfers them after work so he does his own laundry. I jokingly (not so jokingly) said, hey do dcb's too. Sometimes they don't smell now so I know DCD took that advice.