View Single Post
Sugar Magnolia 10:35 AM 07-11-2013
Originally Posted by nannyde:
I would beat him to the punch... as soon as you have to manually move him look at him and say “you hurt me" over and over again as you are moving him. THEN give him the directive of “sit and stay". If he keeps it up I would nickname him “you hurt me" and would call him that every day all day long. I would pray the kids join in and refer to him as "you-hurt-me" too. That phrase would be the number one phrase at my house until it completely lost it's meaning.

It's a powerful phrase so I would leash the power of it and use it to my advantage. Two can play that game.
Horrible idea! OP, please DON'T do this.

This makes zero sense to me. It shaming. And why on earth would you encourage "you hurt me" as a phrase you want said frequently by ALL the kids? Encouraging name calling? No. Not cool. And I'm pretty shocked to read this.

OP, I would talk to mom and assure her he is handled gently, and only says this when he is being corrected or redirected?

Can you imagine if he went home and says "the teacher and all the other kids.call me "you hurt me." ???