View Single Post
nannyde 09:13 AM 02-21-2011
Originally Posted by daymommy:
In a way I agree with you and I know that is the viewpoint all my parents will have too. Maybe what I need to do is just increase my daily rate to reflect an 11 hour day. When I started my families only had their kids here around 9 hours, 10 hours tops and now most of them are consistently here for 11. Plus since I'm only open for 11 hours I'm worried that limiting to 10 will seem nit picky. It won't solve the problem of my 2 year old standing on the property line crying watching his mom do yard work, but nothings perfect right. I do appreciate hearing how others have their payment policies set up though.

Thanks guys!
When I started my families only had their kids here around 9 hours, 10 hours tops and now most of them are consistently here for 11.

YES that is what has happened to many providers who offer open hours.

Plus since I'm only open for 11 hours I'm worried that limiting to 10 will seem nit picky.

Well if it's no big deal then it's no big deal. If they don't think it's a big deal for you to do it then they won't think it's a big deal for them to do it. Right?

Believe me it's a big deal. They haven't gone to eleven hours a day because they think it's best for you or their kid. They've gone to eleven hours a day so they have less awake time with their kid per day for the same amount of money. Once you attach money to it then they will either pick up earlier or find another day care that does what you have allowed them to do.

My advise is to set it at contracted times not just a nine hour window. You will have parents dropping off at different times and wanting nine hours from the point of drop off.