View Single Post
originalkat 07:14 PM 12-14-2009
I agree with both sides of the issue. Sometimes parents have made little comments and it irritates me that they really have no idea that tuition pays for a LOT more than just my paycheck. I dont think they realize that I use part of their tuition to pay for quality curriculum, nutritious meals, new toys and supplies etc... One dad asked me a question about how I come up with my curriculum. From the conversation I think he realized that I pay a lot of money each month to ensure quality care and education for his child and it doesnt all go into my pocket. It is good for parents to realize this. But it might go over better when things come up naturally in conversation than with a laundry list of items. If I did mention something in writing about the "cost of Childcare", I think I would mention something like:

"I strive to provide families with quality care and education for their child each day. Your weekly tuition also covers the cost of developmentally appropriate curriculum and materials, nutritious meals and snacks, and a safe and clean learning environment."

When you mention all of the little things it sounds a little petty and takes away from the professional nature of running a business.