View Single Post
Blackcat31 11:22 AM 08-05-2014
Originally Posted by mia:
I will be losing all but one of my daycare children by Sept.... I have had many ads out for openings. Only had a few replies but no interviews for they never got back to me after finding out my rates ( I figure other new or want to be providers looking for what to charge )....

Any way my husband came up with a suggestion on having a open house to hopefully get some clients.... I am unsure about doing this route .... I feel that if I try and do this there may only be providers on the prowl, and no persons that actually need care..... am I wrong in thinking that, should I do a open house, has anyone ever done a private home open house for possible clients?????
I give my current clients window clings for their vehicles.

I've had tons of interested calls/contacts because of them. (I always ask where someone got my info)

They do the "advertising" for me.

I have a DCF that owns a printing shop (like Kinkos) and I worked out a trade with her for services and she made me some fantastic window clings.

They are roughly the size of a bumper sticker (less rectangular and more square though) and have my logo and the phrase "My child is lovingly care for at xxxxx Child Care" and then my phone # and web address.