View Single Post
nanglgrl 08:06 AM 10-28-2016
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
As a SIDS mom, I can tell you, they do. Parents are investigated and often treated as guilty/suspects until proven innocent. I welcomed it because I needed to know it was not from something I did wrong. I was a young mother. I needed to know more than they did. I still need to know... It seems I never will for sure. It still causes me nightmares. SIDS is the the literal statement of "We don't know."

I believe that as a provider there is an added responsibility in that I accept payment and represent myself as a trained professional. As such I accept a greater responsibility.

SIDS is VERY different from hot car deaths or positional asphyxia.
You're absolutely correct. You can also follow every safe sleep recommendation and have none of the risk factors ands baby can still die of SIDS.
I went to a SIDS support group once put on by a hospital and the one fact I was told that helped even a little bit was that babies have died of SIDS while in hospitals and in one case someone shared the baby was being held by a doctor at the time. I'm sorry for your loss, I know that pain and fear never goes away.