View Single Post
cheerfuldom 10:41 AM 07-14-2014
Dear every parent on the planet,

I know you love your darling, adorableness who is the light of your life, your special snowflake, and a gift to the universe

but let me serve you up a big slice of reality.....pull up a chair and take a big bite.

First off, your daughter is not a princess. She was not born into a royal family. And by the way, you aren't a queen so stop the entitled attitudes and the over the top wardrobes (that get in the way of play!) and keep it real hunny. Your daughter is not a model or pageant queen. She is very ordinary and just like ever other little girl out there. Please be a part of the solution for the future....promote education and morals with your child instead of raising yet another spoiled brat whose only goal in life is to get on a reality show or marry someone wealthy.

Your son is not the next Justin Bieber. He has no musical, dancing or other special talent. He is not a prodigy, he is not a prince. Instead of falsely pumping up his ego and showering him with gifts, please spend time with him. Teach him to control his impulses and stop acting like an animal. His climbing is not cute, his rowdy behavior is not fun, his filthy potty talk is not amusing. If you can't control him, the State of ____ correctional facility will.

Your child does not have unique allergies, rare jungle diseases or the worst case of teething known to man kind. They are sick! most likely a common cold but either way, YOU need to take care of them. Get off your phone and tend to your child instead of making up excuses so you can dump them at daycare. You are not busier and your work is not more important than anyone else here so quit acting like you the President and can't leave your job. Get over here and take care of your kid.

And for the final slice of pie, repeat after me. MY CHILD IS NOT SPECIAL.

Your child is the love of your life and I think that is great. This does not entitle them to break the rules at daycare. They can't have different food, individualized napping schedules, early drop off, late pickup, one-on-one attention all day. I wont nap with them, spoon feed them milk, jiggle a stroller or car seat while they nap in it, keep their fluffy dress clean, limit them to two diapers a day, stand outside with them while they are crying because they like fresh air or anything else that is outside of what you agreed to in our contract. Your child needs what ever other child ever has needed.....a clean, safe place with healthy food, regular sleep and consistent routine that yes, includes boundaries. Their development is within the normal range of children so no, I am not able to teach a 9 month old to read, a 12 month old to potty, or a 2 year old to sit through an hours of preschool curriculum a day. Calm down and stop trying to push your baby faster than is humanely possible. And on the reverse side, raise your expectations for your preschooler. They can wash their hands, put on their coat and walk to the car. Seeing you chase your precious in the driveway for 20 minutes is ridiculous. You should be embarrassed at your child's behavior. but for now all the neighbors are embarrassed enough for you.

That said, please get it together so the rest of the world is not collateral damage to your parenting tactics.

Hugs and Kisses! Your former daycare provider