View Single Post
daycarediva 09:54 AM 04-09-2018
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I feel the same way as daycarelady about this forum. It's very real!

I deep clean on Sundays (sanitize all toys, clean out cubbies and prep for the following week.etc) Monday -Friday I tidy up after breakfast, before lunch and after pick up. I also quick spray down toys shelves and tables, clean the bathroom, vacuum and mop. If parents pick up early, they see us in our regular day. Atleast they know that their child us having fun! I had a parent stop by at 10 this morning unannounced and tell me that my house was still cleaner then hers. Lol!

Still the same!

Originally Posted by Snowmom:
Timing.

I keep all my necessities within reach all day (broom/dust pan, rag mop, spray cleaner). When we finish a meal, the kids are responsible for cleaning up their assigned task (one has cups, one has plates, one has silverware, etc). While they do that, I sweep up. Then we wash up and go directly to outdoor time. I put the dishes away while they dress in their outdoor gear. I mop after they come in- while they take off their gear and put it away.

I clean the rest of my house during nap. I also clean the kitchen during afternoon snack time.

All my kids MUST participate in clean up time at 4:00. If they refuse, they will not have their choice of helper duties the next day and may lose privileges for not helping the group.
At 4:00, we have dance time or a game that's minimal work for me to put away.
YEP!

I don't feel ashamed at running the vacuum during the day, or folding DC laundry during rest time.

I think that once it's clean, it's easier to just maintain.