View Single Post
storybookending 10:22 AM 04-12-2018
Originally Posted by Homebody:
You all have given me a lot to consider if this happens again. I only have one infant right now that uses a car seat that the mom brings in at pickup and drop off, and then takes with her when she leaves. I don't have a policy against this. I asked her a couple weeks ago if it would be easier if she took him out or put him in it while still in the car, and she said no it's easier to do it in the house. Now I'm wondering if I should have it in my policy that car seats remain in the vehicle. On one hand if they do it in my house I can make sure the child is restrained properly, but on the other hand what if it's not inserted back in properly and she gets in a wreck? Can I actually be held liable if it's not installed back in the right way? Maybe I can just say my insurance does not allow them in the house at all, even at drop off and pickup?
You can do whatever you feel comfortable with. I personally allow infant seats to be left here as I keep a small group and would never have more than 2 that small at a time.. more than likely only 1 that small at a time is the goal. I also have an area in a hall that is blocked off to children where they are placed so no one is messing with them. The base is the part that is installed in the car. The parent is responsible for clicking it in properly and also making sure the base is secure as they do come loose at times. Do you check to make sure all seats are installed properly before a child leaves? To me it in one in the same. I have yet to see a case where a daycare provider was charged for a parent getting into an accident after leaving daycare. Not saying that it doesn’t happen but I imagine that one would have a hard time standing up if it ever made it as far as court.