Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
finsup 11:54 AM 04-16-2018
Enforced sick policy... On my in laws Actually, I personally didn't but my husband did. They came into the house yesterday and MIL announces "oh I hope you don't have what we have! And then goes into symptoms. Fever, sweats, sore throat to not being able to eat or drink, non stop cough" and I'm sure my expression was just like are you kidding me?! My husband tells them both to leave, go rest and get to the doctor. Because at 82 and 84 with copd and diabetes, you really don't let stuff like this go on. Or spread it to your grandkids and very pregnant DIL. They laughed at him, said they weren't contagious he said no. You need to leave. Come back when you're better. They refused. He finally had to force them to talk outside as the kids were upset with the yelling (he always has to be loud they can't hear anything but the tone was different) and then upset because they wanted to see their grandparents and didn't understand why their dad was making them leave. I explained it of course (nicely) but they were still upset. So then FIL yells at my husband and says "well if we leave we're aren't coming back" and I'm just like seriously?! Just stay home if you're sick. We COULD complain that you come here every weekend, unnaccounced, and stay for a few hours but we don't. We just don't want you giving us/our kids whatever you have.

But yeah, this hasn't been there first lack of common sense thing that's come up. A few months ago they allowed my 3yr old to have as many vitamins (with iron) as she wanted (thank God she used some self control that day) and let both kids paint on their toys because they didn't want to say no. That was the last time we allowed them to watch them without us there. My oldest used to go to their house for the day (they live an hour away) but after they forgot to feed him lunch and got in their second car accident within a year (thankfully not with DS and they were fine but it's the 2nd car they've totaled) we had to stop doing those visits. Honestly the whole thing just stinks. They mean well, and love their grandkids and I WANT them to have a relationship with them. I actually do like these people and it's hard seeing them go downhill but not realize it themselves.