View Single Post
MomBoss 09:39 AM 04-17-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Yes, I know the truth. Sorry this all seems unclear. 6 weeks ago roughly, dcm tells me dcg (4) will be going to an all day preschool. Mom then told me she would be taking her in at 7:50 before work, then picking her up after on her way home from work. Fast forward to this past Saturday. I run into teacher at dcg current 3 day 3 hour per week pre k. She says dcg approached her asking for transport help in the fall because they want dcg to go there 5 days 3 hours. So this is all factual. My deal is I already replaced this kid because I was told she was going to an all day thing. I have no space for her now. The mom never told ne they were changing the plan.
But did she say they were looking for transport back to your daycare specifically?
I think what everyone is trying to say is that you dont know what this families plans are because THAT FAMILY did not tell you directly. All you know is that they are leaving for full day preschool. Thats it. Unless the family tells you themselves, everything is hearsay. The teacher even could have misunderstood the family.
Either double check the childs last day, like previous poster stated. Let them know you have a new family starting so you need to know their childs last day of care. The family will either say they changed their mind and want their child to stay with you the remaining hours of the day or they will confirm a last day. If they say they changed their mind, tell them that because it wasnt discussed with you sooner, you made other arrangements. Once they said their child was going to be gone full day, you started looking for a new child and their spot was no longer avilable to them.
This is also why a 2 week written notice is nessecary. I dont start looking to fill spots until ive recieved notice in writing with a specific last day. It makes it more legally binding..
In the future when someone tells you they are leaving...have them fill out a paper/form right away that states thisbis their notice and when the last day is.